Monday 15 May 2017

Deconstructing an advertisement

Make observations:

  • Gender is female. race is most likely to be white, the girl looks to be in her mid 20's, and her facial expression is the "resting bitch face" look.
  • The camera angle looks to be a bit below eye level and it would be considered close because it's would be in her personal space.
  • The colors used in the ad are not bright or they don't really stand out to me.
  • Yes this advertisement does have text and its pretty big but not too big, the only thing that really catches your eye is "Got Milk?" and the slogan is just kind of there.

Determine the purpose of the ad:

  • I personally don't think that milk is the product being sold, I think that sex is. Why else would the cup of milk be by her private areas? and why would her shirt me buttoned down so much that he boobs are almost popping out of her shirt?
  • No I don not find the product appealing because I only drink milk when it's in cereal or if it's chocolate milk.
  • The audience for this advertisement would vary to everyone who likes this sort of thing.
  • The feeling this ad should give off to males would be horny but for females I would say I'm more disgusted.

Determine the assumption the ad makes & the message it sends:

  • The message would be for females that if you drink this milk then you'll have a body like her and that you'll look as good as she does. But the message for males would be different because it's a girl dressed 'slutty'.

No comments:

Post a Comment